Goodwood Marshals Club was started with an inaugural meeting at the Goodwood Flying Club on October 2nd 1998. The Duke of Richmond and Gordon kindly consented to be our President with Derek Bell, Rob Wilson and Edward Croucher as Vice Presidents, the Club has been registered with the Motor Sports Association Ltd (MSA) since April 1999 and from November 2009 became affiliated to the Auto Cycle Union Ltd (ACU)
Although based at the historic Goodwood Motor Circuit we operate independently from the Goodwood group of companies. MSA Training days with Specialist training are usually run annually so that members can carry out their role as Marshals in Fire Fighting, Flagging, Rescue, First Aid and Radio procedures. Some members have had many years of experience in motor sport marshalling, IE Car racing, Motorcycle racing, Speed events, Rallying, Hill climb and Sporting Trials etc. All this experience is available to club members. The club also operates a modern VW Rescue Vehicle which provides rescue cover nationwide for all aspects of Motor sport.
Social/Fund Raising Secretary
| OFFICERS & COMMITTEE 2018-2019
| Ex- official Members of Main Committee
|President||Duke of Richmond & Gordon|
|Vice Presidents||Derek Bell MBE|
| Official Members of Main Committee
|Vice Chair||Ian Houghtonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Hon Secretary||Richard Andrewsemail@example.com|
|Hobart Treasurer||Keith Allfreyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Chief Marshal||Russell Painemail@example.com|
|Track Day Secretary||Gabriel Ludlowfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Club Regalia Secretary||Katie Pybusemail@example.com>|
|Training Secretary||Sam Watersfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Magazine Editor||Chris Masonemail@example.com|
|Brian White||Keith Allfreyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Rescue Crew Chief||Kevin Lawrenceemail@example.com|
|Social Media Officer||Sam Watersfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Safety and Protective Clothing plus Equipment you may need for Marshalling
- You will need clothing that keeps you dry and warm.
- Initially buy clothing that you can use for more than just marshalling i.e. safety boots, wet weather clothing, coat (best in orange) with a warm lining and a hood. You can get waterproof trousers that unzip in the leg up to the thigh so you can get dressed with your boots on, these do not have to be in orange.
- Thermal underwear and socks, always buy boots that enable you to wear two pairs of socks.
- Also in the winter you might want a ‘snood’.
- A hat for winter to keep you warm and in summer to shade your eyes and protect you from the sun.
- Once you’ve decided you definitely want to marshal you will require Proban overalls (fire-retardant). Our Regalia Officer can point you in the right direction of where you can get these or go to AWS at email@example.com
- Gloves some prefer gauntlets preferable in leather, again our Regalia Officer can advise
- You will also need a means of carrying this clothing and your packed lunch etc. Ensure it keeps the contents dry. Some use rucksacks or holdalls, most use large wheeled tool boxes made by Stanley from B&Q. It also doubles up as a seat for lunch time.
This is a guide for more information talk to experienced marshals.
Useful Contact Information for Marshals
British Automobile Racing Club
Contact – Paula Brown firstname.lastname@example.org
Brands Hatch, Goodwood, Snetterton, Silverstone, Croft, Pembrey, Thruxton, Gurston Down, Rockingham, Lydden Hill, Knockhill
British Touring Cars, Truck Racing, Goodwood Festival of Speed,
Goodwood Revival Meeting, Goodwood Members Meeting
Contact – Mildred Wiltshire email@example.com
Brands Hatch, Snetterton, Cadwell Park, Oulton Park
Blancpain GT series, Masters Historic Festival, British GT, American Speedfest Formula E
Contact – Anne Rothberg firstname.lastname@example.org
Brands Hatch, Snetterton, Cadwell Park, Oulton Park, Silverstone, Castle Combe,
Rockingham, Donnington Park, Anglesey, Croft
World Endurance Championship, Britcar, British GT, Blancpain Endurance Series,Masters Festival, Fun Cup, Caterham Race Day
British Motorsport Marshals Club
Contact – Dave Reed www.marshals.co.uk
Classic Sports Car Club
Contact – email@example.com
Brands Hatch, Snetterton, Cadwell Park, Oulton Park, Silverstone, Donnington Park, Anglesey, Spa Francorchamps
Historic Sports Car Club
Contact – firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact – Giles Groombridge email@example.com
Donnington Park, Oulton Park, Brands Hatch, Castle Combe, Silverstone, Croft, Mallory Park, Snetterton, Cadwell Park, Rockingham
Contact – John Hutchinson firstname.lastname@example.org